Finding a good house in West Oakland can be difficult. There are many factors to consider, and it’s important to know the lay of the land before you start looking for your dream home. Luckily, we’ve compiled this list of tips that will help make finding your new home an easier process!
1) Get pre-approved for a loan: This may seem like an obvious one, but getting pre-approved for a loan is actually really important because it will tell you what price range you should stay within when looking at homes. It also shows sellers that you’re serious about buying their property which could lead to them lowering the asking price!
2) Figure out how much money you want to spend on monthly mortgage payments: This is another basic tip, but it’s important to know how much you want to spend on your monthly mortgage payments before looking at houses. This will help ensure that when you do find a house that meets all of the other criteria in this list, it also fits into your budget!
3) Know what your commute will look like: When you live in a city, one of the biggest sacrifices is commuting time. Figure out how long it takes to get from your new house to work before making an offer on a property so that if there’s already another buyer interested in buying this home, you can move on to the next house and not experience any unnecessary stress!
4) Figure out if you want a garage: Garages are great for storing your car, but they can also be expensive to maintain and improve. If a house has a garage that is big enough to store more than one vehicle, consider whether or not this feature will really benefit you in the long term before making an offer on it!
5) Check what the neighborhood will be like when you retire: The beauty of living in Oakland is that there are so many different neighborhoods to choose from. If your plan is to move out West once you retire, one good way to test how well this area would suit your needs as an older person is by heading over during non-peak hours and seeing if it’s still a place where you feel comfortable living!
House hunting can be difficult when trying to find a good deal on West Oakland homes. This list of tips will help make finding your dream home easier.