Concrete is usually created by manually mixing gravel, sand, and a definite amount of water with concrete. It may take hard labor which is why expert concrete mixers are typically hired for large construction projects. However, there is an easy way to create concrete without the strenuous mixing. Cement mixers, also known as concrete mixers, are machines used to mix the materials for creating concrete. Less energy will be consumed because most of the work will be done by the machine. The rotating drum of the mixer efficiently mixes cement until it is ready to be applied.
Concrete mixers are very easy to use. Simply put in the cement mix and add some water in the rotating drum. The machine will continually mix the materials until you give it a stop. To create the most durable concrete, you need to be aware of how much water is needed for the amount of cement mix you have. A low amount of water may not mix the materials thoroughly. Too much water may only result to a weak concrete. Visit this main source.
It is recommended to set up the concrete mixer in an area close to the construction site. This is to help you transport the mixed concrete very easily in a short distance. Fresh concrete mix also hardens quite rapidly so you need to apply them right away after mixing.
Concrete mixers make construction work easier. With the use of such machines, production of cement can be done at a rapid rate. The concrete materials are also mixed more thoroughly and quicker than manual mixing. Although mixers are more ideal for large construction projects, residential construction works may also benefit from such machines.
It is advisable to only mix the amount of concrete you need for the project. Avoid over-producing concrete because it is hard to dispose. Concrete also hardens very quickly so excess concrete may just harden inside the concrete mixer. If possible, always clean the equipment every after use. Before you mix another set of concrete using the mixer, wash the machine first. If not to be used for long periods, make sure to cover the mixer to avoid from getting rust. If there are damages on the mixer, you can refer directly to the manufacturer for repair. Read from the main source.
Process of mixing concrete on your concrete mixing equipment
- Always be sure that all the concrete materials are already on site before mixing
- Concrete mixers require fuel to work so make sure you have enough for the entire concrete production
- Do not leave your cement bags on moist areas because it may destroy the quality of the cement
- Before using the concrete mixer, make sure to wet the drum first
- Avoid adding too much water to the concrete mix in one go. It is more feasible to add small amounts of water at a time until the right consistency in the mixture is achieved. If you are not sure with the right calculation, always seek for expert advice
- You should start mixing sand with water. After a while, you can then add some cement and stone and then simply repeat the process until the right volume of mixture is acquired
There are three different types of mixers: the drum mixer, pan mixer, and continuous mixer. Although these mixers are all used for concrete mixing, they vary from one another in terms of functionality. Some are portable while others are stationary.
Reliable concrete mixers can create large volumes of cement with just minimal work. You can seek for the assistance of licensed contractors with the use of concrete mixers if you are a first-timer.
|DIY Concrete Mixing
|Concrete Mixer Trucks
|Front Discharge Concrete Mixer