Largo Central Park is a beautiful, lush green space that has so much to offer. It’s more than just a park – it’s also home to the Largo Cultural Center and the Jolly Trolley. The area features an amphitheater on Largo Bay with dazzling views of Tampa Bay, as well as many other attractions for you and your family to enjoy!
This park located in Largo FL 33771 was originally the site of a plantation belonging to John Berry in 1840. The land was then purchased by Nathan Pierce, who built “Pierce’s Point Hotel” on the waterfront in 1851. It is said that this hotel was used as an Underground Railroad station where runaway slaves could find food and shelter before fleeing further north towards freedom.
Largo Central Park has undergone many changes throughout its history (including renovations for World War II), but it still remains one of Largo’s most treasured outdoor spaces!
Places To Go & See At Largo Central Park
The Jolly Trolley offers visitors rides around the park grounds with stops at several attractions along the way including:
- Picnic Shelter: This is a wonderful place to host birthday parties or other family gatherings. There are also grills available for cooking your own food!
- Cultural Center: The Largo Cultural Center features theatre, art exhibits and handicrafts in addition to many more indoor activities that can be enjoyed year round (except during thunderstorms).
- Playground: There are several playgrounds throughout the park, making it great for kids of all ages!
- Jogging Trails: Running is a wonderful way to get in some exercise while enjoying nature’s beauty. There are also jogging trails that wind through the woods surrounding this beautiful green space.
- Cycling Trails: Bicycles are welcomed on all of the paved trails in Largo Central Park!
- Waterfront: This is a great place to watch sunsets while enjoying nature’s beauty. There is also an amphitheater with benches where you can sit back and enjoy live music or theatrical performances by local artists.
Visiting Largo Central Park
Largo Central Park has something for everyone, so if you’re looking for outdoor activities this weekend come down to see what we have to offer! You’ll be sure to find lots of fun things that will keep your family entertained anywhere from one hour to the entire day (or even longer).
This park is wheelchair accessible and has handicap parking spaces available. There are also restrooms located throughout the park for your convenience. Also, the Largo Cultural Center is wheelchair accessible and has an elevator for easy access to all levels of the building.