Arizona Science Center
The Arizona Science Center is located in downtown Phoenix and offers a variety of exhibits and programs for all ages. If you’re looking for something fun to do with the family, this is a great place to check out! In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about the Arizona Science Center.
This science center has been around since 1969 and was originally known as the Phoenix Museum of Science and Natural History. It wasn’t until 1997 that it was renamed the Arizona Science Center.
It was founded by a group of community leaders who recognized the need for a science center in Phoenix. At the time, there were very few places where people could go to learn about science and technology.
The Arizona Science Center has four floors of exhibits that cover a variety of topics. Some of the exhibits include:
- Space Explorers: This exhibit takes you on a journey through space, from Earth to the outer limits of our solar system. You’ll get to see real spacecraft and experience what it’s like to be an astronaut!
- WaterWorks: This exhibit is all about water – its properties, how it behaves, and its importance in our lives. You can even play with some interactive displays!
- BodyWorks: This exhibit is all about the human body. You can learn about everything from how our brains work to how muscles move. There are also some fun activities, like a giant piano made of organs!
The Arizona Science Center offers a variety of programs for people of all ages. Some of the programs include:
- Summer Camps: These camps are for kids aged Pre-K through 12th grade. They offer a variety of topics to choose from, including science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Afterschool Programs: These programs are for students in grades K-12 and cover topics like chemistry, physics, biology, and more.
- Adult Programs: These programs are for adults only and range from classes on cooking with science to learning about the night sky.
- Birthday Parties: The Arizona Science Center offers birthday parties for kids of all ages. You can choose from a variety of party packages, including one that includes a private tour of the museum!
Location and Hours
The Arizona Science Center is located at 600 E. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85034. It’s open Monday-Thursday from noon to Gift Shop closing, Friday from noon to midnight, Saturday from morning to midnight, and Sunday from morning to Gift Shop closing. Admission prices vary depending on age but start at $14.95 for adults.
This museum is a great place for people of all ages to learn about science and technology. With exhibits, programs, and birthday parties available, there’s something for everyone! Be sure to check it out the next time you’re in Phoenix.
Should You Visit OdySea Aquarium With Kids?AAA Concreting