The Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary is a place of love. It’s a sanctuary for animals in need, but it is also an amazing destination to visit with your friends and family!
The Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary was created solely out of love for these beautiful creatures. The owner has dedicated his life to providing each animal with all they could ever want or need including food, shelter, medical treatment, and most importantly – lots of open space so they can roam freely in peace without any cages trapping them underground.
What To Do
There are many things you can do to help the animals at The Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary. For example, donations are always greatly appreciated and will be used for medical supplies such as food, bedding, and veterinarian care. If you cannot provide monetary support of time or services there is still so much you can do!
Some of the activities here include:
- Bird-Watching: This is a great time to spend with the birds. There is a unique variety of species here and you can see them up close!
- Hiking: Are you an avid hiker? Bring your hiking boots out for this tour through some beautiful land in South Jacksonville 32226.
- Bush Walking: Bush walks are a unique opportunity to experience the sanctuary like never before!
- Fishing: Fishing is allowed at Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary. Bring your pole and see if you can snag some fish for dinner!
- Camping/ Picnicking: The ranch offers camping spots near ponds or picnic areas with restrooms, grills, tables, and firepits available. You might even catch sight of some local wildlife while enjoying yourself here.
- Photography Sessions: Photography sessions are also available on-site through special arrangements. Make sure to bring your camera!
The Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary has a gift shop for all of your souvenir needs! You can also book guided tours to learn more about the animals that are being cared for at the ranch.
There are many ways to get involved with the Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary. If you are interested in donating, volunteering, or visiting please check out their website for more information!
Tips for Visiting
- Dress well: This is a wildlife sanctuary so it is important to dress appropriately. Be sure you are wearing appropriate shoes for hiking and long-sleeved clothing when possible.
- Bring your camera: It’s hard not to take pictures of all the beautiful animals here! If you do choose to bring your camera make sure that there are no loose straps or other items that can fall off while taking photos near dangerous areas like ponds or creeks.
- Do Not Feed The Animals: Many people find this very difficult but feeding wild animals can be harmful in many ways including causing them to become dependent on humans, they may lose their natural fear leading them into danger with predators, and exposing them to diseases from human food sources which could ultimately lead to death.
- Don’t be afraid: The Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary is a safe place and people of all ages can visit. Just use common sense when you are around the animals here and never approach them!